WEI-CHUNG WANG, Ph.D.
Wei-Chung is a serial entrepreneur, an accomplished college professor and administrator, and an experienced marketing and finance professional. In addition to his experiences in the higher education industry, he is a Big 4 alumnus, a co-founder of a multinational SaaS company, and an integral part of the business community at large.
During his consulting career, Wei-Chung helped multinational enterprises address their transfer pricing issues, including cross-border tangible and intangible goods transactions. He also provided advice to several economic consulting projects, assisting his clients to solve operational matters including data mining and analysis and forecast modeling. He was also a
part of the engagement team that provided advice to companies with wage and working hour disputes that fall under the Fair Labor Standards Acts. Wei-Chung’s expertise provides coverage to all business areas.
Wei-Chung’s presence is pivotal in the business community at large. In 2014, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania issued a commendation to acknowledge and praise his work in providing consultation services to Fuling Plastics USA, a subsidiary of a Chinese company, and help Fuling grow in the US market. Fuling Plastics is now a Nasdaq-listed company (NASDAQ: FORK).
Besides his rich industry experience, Wei-Chung is a passionate educator who strives to make a bigger impact. He is a tenured Business and Economics professor and Associate Provost for Academic Initiatives at Juniata College, a nationally ranked Tier 1 liberal arts institution. As a college professor and administrator, he has enhanced the quality of business education by giving experiential learning experience a new height; he created programs that increase the diversity of the student body; and he bridges the gap of theories and practices by engaging businesses and creating opportunities for college students.
Prompted by the global pandemic, Wei-Chung co-founded a business intelligence advisory firm, WD Strategies, that helps businesses enhance their competitive position in the post-Covid environment. WD Strategies provides its clients with digital marketing, finance, and general business consultation services.
Wei-Chung is an academically trained Economist and obtained both his MA and Ph.D. in Economics from The University of California, Irvine.
Highlights of Wei-Chung’s Professional Experiences
• Educated in both Asia and the US, received a Ph.D. from a renowned US institution (UC Irvine is ranked as a Tier 1 research university and a Top 10 public university in the 2020 US News and World Report College Ranking)
• 20 plus years of teaching and research experience in the fields of business and economics in research institutions, a community college, and a liberal arts institution in the US and Asia
• Awarded tenure in a Tier 1 liberal arts institution
• Publishing records in peer-reviewed journals with a strong grant writing and winning
• Over 3 years of professional experience in a Big Four accounting firm in the US, specializing in providing economic and financial analysis on cross-border tangible and intangible transactions covering finance, technology, automobile, nutrition, pharmaceutical, distribution,
and stevedoring industries
• Significant debt valuation experience in the context of IRC Section 482
• Significant economic and data analysis experience. Assisting various clients with litigation support and data mining issues
• Recognized by Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the significant contribution of promoting international trade opportunities in the State of Pennsylvania (official letter)
• Significant entrepreneurial experience in the mobile software industry
• Proven track record of building a global marketing team and demonstrating competency and results in digital marketing. Well-versed in content strategy, data analytics, search tactics, user acquisition and lead generation, digital advertisements, and user retention.
• On-going management and board responsibilities with a multinational SaaS company
• Strong understanding of the cultural differences between the East and West. Hold dual citizenship of the US and Taiwan